Wednesday, October 20, 2010

more on the ducting

So I picked up a Aluminum sheet metal and started to draw out my patterns and started
cutting away.


Cutting took some time, cause I first started using a dremel w/ a cut off wheel, I later on changed to a angle grinder which was much faster but not as clean.

One thing I realized I could really use is a sheet metal break.

So I took a break in making the inlet pieces and started making the pieces for the bumper beam deflectors.

To get the curvature I rolled the piece over a 3.00" tubing.




Inserted the deflector into the bumper beam.

Another angle on how the deflector will work when air is traveling through the bumper beam. Looks like a success.

All and all I feel very content on the progress, and hope to have more updates. Note to self that I need to remember to take pics when I'm working so I can show the progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment