Friday, May 21, 2010

Inlet pipe for the turbo

So I decided to make the suction pipe for the turbo inlet, this particular part is made of hard plastic/rubber and has bellows which is good for twist and motion absorption, but bad on fluid air flow.


This part was no easy task to replicate, w/ help from a member on the evolutionm forums I was able to get the angles of the pipe needed.



The part started off with a 3.00" aluminum "U" bend.


Drawing parts on Solidworks is just awesome, also I must thanks my brother Sam who got me the program Snagit, it sure is helpful for blogging.


Design it on Solidworks I was able to print out 1:1 scale pattern mark my edges so I would have near perfect cuts and angles on my pipe.


This is the mock up of the pieces, so far so good.


After all the welding and grinding this is what I came up w/, I would say its very close to the original. What do you think?


And here is it after its all said and done with paint and all.



I would say I could not make a better inlet pipe, or even buy one. the fit and finish is pretty dang good.

No comments:

Post a Comment